Japan Crate (February) Premium Crate / Doki Doki Crate

February 23, 2016

Japan Crate (February)
Hello hello, this month I'm excited to have quite a few Japanese themed crates to show you but this one is a special one to me because it was the first crate I ever received in the mail. They gave me the whole idea to start unboxing and writing about these boxes and the folks at Japan Crate sent me a Premium box and one of their Doki Doki boxes to unbox so let's see what these guys are all about.

Starting at $12 a month for the mini (4-6 items), $25 for the original (8-10) and $30 for the premium (12-14). Their Doki Doki crate comes with 8-10 Kawaii themed items (cute anime style gifts) for $30 per month.

Check them out over at:


First Impressions

I really love the boxing of Japan Crate, it comes in their own personalized little box with a cute lil design of Mt. Fuji and a Pagoda. Inside are all the goodies including a very detailed booklet of everything inside, comics, info etc. These DIY kits are almost always in Japanese it seems like but Japan Crate does a beautiful job of describing the steps in English on how to make the snacks in the booklet.



Starting from the top left we got this Nericcho Soft Cide / Strawberry Cone Diy Candy. I haven't this yet but you can make your own ice cream by mixing in the cotton candy with water and topping it into these miniature ice cream cones.

Next we had Nabisco Chip Star Nori flavored potato chips. Now, I'm only familiar with Nabisco crackers and had no idea that Nabisco made chips at all but these were super yummy! I'm a big fan of nori too so that's a plus, these had the consistency of Pringles and tasted like sour cream and onion but you get that hint of nori at the end and it's not too salty.

Next were the Petit Pastel Ice Cream Cookies & Chocolate. Like a tiny candy ice cream cone, the top part was like a chocolate cookie ball coated in a candy coating with a cone shaped piece of chocolate underneath.

On the bottom left we got some Matcha Kit-Kat bars. I'm not a fan of wafers but every time I go to specialty stores I look for huge bags of Matcha Kit-Kats because matcha chocolates are hecka good.

Coris Grape & Soda Kajirittyo. A grape soda flavored taffy, like a long grape soda flavored hi-chew.

Yaokin Moguchuu Strawberry. Like strawberry hi-chew again but a little harder but softens up once you get your jaw working.


As you can tell I think the theme this month is a fruity/citrus-y theme.

Starting at the top left we have Yaokin Budou Grape Gummy these gummies were really soft and jelly like (the best type of gummy imo)

Twinbo Drink Gummy - These lil sour gummies are based off ramune drink flavors, you got the ramune, cola, lime and lemon flavors.

Super Lemon - I have a strong dislike for sweet + lemon concoctions. I can't eat lemon candies and lemonade whatsoever so I had to pass on these but the artwork is pretty fab.

Mini Ramen Bowl Keychain - I really love this keychain, It's super qt. A bit big so I think seeing as how I'm not a kawaii chic person I let my sister have it but I still wanted to keep it even if I wasn't going to use it because it's Q.T.



From the left we have Toppu Trio Stick Gum, 6 packs of Cola, Cider and Grape gum candy, kinda like the gummy worms but in chewing gum form.

Ramune Rumble - Raspberry, I've had these before, niche lil sodas that you pop a marble into and it starts fizzing up. Worth drinking just to play around with if anything.

Heart Oekaki Choco DIY - So you can make your own chocolate pop design with candy coated chocolates. Too bad my fingers are too big but if you take the time you can make some cute designs with the candy if you have the patience. The design I made was just a splosh of random shapes but I received a second one in another box so I think on my day off I will attempt to make a tubbs design in round 2.

Final Impressions

Japan is a great company because of the amount of care and thought they put into their boxes. The pamphlets are really in-depth with the items inside, and not just a random assortment of whatever they order. They have giveaways and promotions with crunchyroll, they have a little bit of everything when it comes to japanese snacks, DIY, drinks, classic and niche. The customer care center was pleasant to work with. Last months crate came a little late so they threw in an extra item in February's to make up for it. They are a quality company for sure and if you're just getting into international treats and want to get your feet wet without trying out anything too crazy then you will definitely like Japan Crate.




BONUS

Doki Doki Box (February)






Unboxing
They surprised me when they sent me this, I wasn't sure if there was anything that I would be able to use or like but there were some familiar characters (Gudetama and Korilakkuma) and some keychains I really liked and a little no-face plush that I liked too.


On the left we got a Chi's Sweet Home blind box and inside we got a sad ; - ; Chi keychain.

Two Cardcaptor Items, Cardcaptor Sakura Kero Plushie - I've seen this lil chubster around but I never knew what series he/she was from but I always liked his chubster face. Cardcaptor Sakura Blind Box - Inside we got this blue haired babe and a lil chubster too!


Of course there has to be some ghibli in a kawaii case!

On the left we have a Spirited Away No-Face plushie, it kind of looks like he has a siamese twin attached to his head but it's no-face without his mask on and his kawaii face underneath.

Kiki's Delivery Service Coin Purse - I think this would make a good gift, a little Jiji purse for someone you care about.


On the top left we have 3 Cute Friend items:

Cute Friends Bookmark Frog - You can pop his cute little head off and use this as a pen

Cute Friends Bookmark Cat - This lazy lil friend just chills on whatever book you're reading and has wiggly arms and legs

Cute Friends Whistle Korilakkuma - The cuter version of Rilakkuma, I really like this whistle, I'mma keep this one on my chain

Animal Friend Page Markers - If you keep your journals and folders super organized unlike me, then you can make it kawaii with these stick markers. Very cute, lots of chubsters.



Gudetama Keychain - I would pay for an entire box of random Gudetama things, this lil fat chubster egg is my spirit in another form. It comes with one of four and I got the one sitting down chillen' having a good time, livin' la vida loca.


They even do their own artwork for their stuff
Final Thoughts

Doki Doki crate is a cute box for bae or for yourself if you're into anime/kawaii things. Lots of keychains and things you can decorate your living space with or just to show off your anime street cred. Share some of the keychains with your friends and you can start a kawaii street gang. In all seriousness it's a cute box if you're into collecting things and cute things!

Check out these boxes at:

https://japancrate.com/dokidoki







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe