Dollar Shave Club (February)

February 17, 2016

Dollar Shave Club February Review
What is Dollar Shave Club?
Interesting story, when I decided to do a review on Dollar Shave Club I had no idea who they were. Then the day I found out about them my friend's roommate got a box in and said "Ooh my dollar shave club box is in" and that same day I saw their commercial on the Superbowl. It definitely piqued my interest.

They have three blade options, $1 a month for twin blade box, $6 for a 4x blade box and $9 for the executive blade box. They also offer bundles with their own creams and butters brought to you by Dr. Carver. I decided to spend the week giving these guys a try to forget my state's lost to the Broncos. 

Below you can check out the ad and you can also check them out at:

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/



Not tested on animals!



Unboxing

They sent me a nice little supply of their creams, butters, razors, creams and lip balm. The bundles come with butter/cream but you can add any of the other products to your box through the shop on dollarshaveclub.com. They did manage to fit it all into one box so add to your heart's content. Inside I received:


Their blades and razors are all mix and match. You can also change your plan to send every other month if you shave irregularly. I received the 4x Razor (rubber grip handle and black in color) and the Executive Razor (pictured above, metal and silver). I used the quad razor blade with the Executive handle which gave a nice clean shave with little irritation, (meant for the average person). The handle had a nice grip and easy to use system to swap out the razors. The executive blades are meant for the more grizzled faces, (I'm not quite up for the challenge yet).



Shave Lather: Peppermint Lather, nice for those who don't grow thick hair like myself. A nice feathery lather if you have softer skin.

Shave Butter: Softens harder and rougher hair, I'm always cautious about butters because they can clog pores but these were created not to clog pores and for hot shaves.

Post Shave Cream: Barley, Prickly Pear Cactus and Aloe Vera inside to soothe any post-shave irritation. I don't really need this since I do light shaves but it feels nice.




This is from their new Big Cloud Protect collection which offers:

Good Shake Hand Cream: A slightly masculine scent but hydrates the skin and doesn't leave it feeling too oily.

Wind Master Lip Balm: Grateful they sent me this during the cold season, it has a light balmy scent. 

Daily Face Moisturizer: Has sunscreen inside as well as grape stem cells, vitamin E & Green Tea extract. I've been using this at work the past week and it's actually really refreshing right before a bike ride, a cool tingling feeling just kind of envelops all over your face when you put this on.

Repair Serum: It sounds like something you'd use on a bike or your eyeglasses but it's meant for those with sensitive skin who are prone to razor burn or razor bumps to calm skin and reduce redness.

Final Thoughts

Dollar Shave Club really interested me because it's not just a quirky or fun little box of monthly surprises these are essentials for adults. The amount of body or facial hair you choose to have is up to you ultimately but the majority of people go through razors often and having them mailed to you once a month for as little as 1 dollar is a convenience only the modern era can provide to you. If you feel like adding extra things you need, save the hassle and just add it on to your next monthly supply. The creams and butters offer enough to last you the month and the blades and goods are a really nice quality. They also offer hair supplies and body wipes. Definitely check them out over at:




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe