WowBox Crate Review (January)

February 11, 2016

WowBox January Review
WowBox is a Japanese snack and candy subscription service that sends Japanese treats all the way from the Mogmog company in Japan. They offer 3 sizes and 3 different themed boxes of your choice. Boxes range from 14.99 for smalls, 24.99 for mediums and 34.99 for large. Their three themed boxes are: Original Fun & Tasty, Kawaii & Beauty, and The Classic. They offer free shipping to 70+ countries so check them out over at:


Unboxing / Impressions

I've tried a few Japanese snack subscriptions in the past but I was excited to review my first one here today. The snacks were all neatly tucked into this box, with the chips or (crushables) on top and the rest on the bottom. I really liked that they included several informative papers telling the nutritional information and giving a description of all the snacks in the box, the thing about foreign snacks is that it's often hard to figure out what you are eating if you end up really wanting to try more of it later on. 


Caramel Corn Cherry: These had the texture of cheetos with the flavor of a sweet caramel corn cherry Captain Crunch (without having to go to surgery the next day to repair your gums from damage).

Cabbage Taro: These were little puffballs with cabbage and taro flavoring, it had a mild cheesy flavor with a veggie taste all with the texture of cheese puffs, reminded me of soft croutons.

Horadekita!: I was hoping to see something like this in the box. There are a lot of miniature Japanese kits where you make miniature foods and you get to make miniature chocolate and sprinkled covered banana candies with this kit.

welcome to my kitchen we have mini bananiss


Umai Wa Vegetable Salad: These were ring shaped chips, but don't worry it didn't taste like arugula, more like vinaigrette and onion.

Mammoth Meat!?: Every time I watch Dragon Ball or any anime I always see what I call "Anime Meat" and I always say damn that Anime meat looks good, but good ol' Japan has come up with a solution to that with these Mammoth Meat chips. They smelled like beef jerky and had a really cool texture and flavor. If I ever see these again I'd buy a crate-full.

Everyburger Choco Snack: I thought these were gummy hamburgers but they ended up being mini biscuit cookies with chocolate in the center, love me them mini foods.


Squid Shaped Fries Spicy: Mmmmmmmm one big squid shaped chip similar texture to the mammoth chip but thicker, had a nice fried squiddy after taste.

Oppai Gumi: First there is sexualizing the female form and here they fooditize it into this boob candy, squishy and chewy akin to boobs.

Chocodama Hi Chew: Hi Chews are the dankest of the dank, I love them so much and these Japanese variants are covered in chocolate if those weren't good enough

Choco Cake: Like a moon pie minus the marshmallow filling.

World Kitchen Salty Lime Soda: Like it says, it tastes a little salty and a little limey, not my cup of salty lime tea but good if you're into tequila.

The candy in the top center wasn't listed, but these were chocolate snacks that tasted like vanilla and cream.

squeesh


Wata Gum: I haven't tried this yet, you mix this cotton candy gum flavored cotton candy into a bottle of water I assume and drink it up.

Star Wars Bikkuriman Special Edition: I haven't seen Star Wars yet can you believe it? But I took my first step into the franchise by eating this asian inspired waffle wafer snack.

Sharittopuru Gum: Three pieces of apple flavored gum with a yogurt flavored gummy inside.

Kinako-Chan Soft Mochi: These were dusted in soy sauce powder, they even smelled like soy sauce so I was afraid these were salty but they were sweet and actually quite nice.

Dondon Yaki: These little panfried mochi balls were freaking good, like little croutons with asian flavors, I'm really glad they threw in two packs.

Final Thoughts

I think this was the "Original Fun & Tasty" box, out of all the snacks the only one I knew was hi chew and the rest were completely new and all very interesting and fun to try. I really liked the mix of sweet and salty snacks, gum, drinks, candy, chips and kits all revolving around snacks. The Kawaii box looked fun to try and if you're into classic japanese snacks like pocky and meiji and well known snacks then you can try the Classic box. I was super pleased with the amount of snacks and I think it's 100% worth the value here.

Check them out for yourselves over at:




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe